Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Trouble with muscle food

Mr. JP has a healthy obsession with weight lifting and nutritional supplements, but today he found out that his most recent purchase of protein powder is actually laden with heavy metals like lead and cadmium!  I think this has him convinced to try to get most of his protein from food sources instead of powders and supplements.  We eat a lot of protein in our diets already, but since this man can eat us out of house and home, we are going to be needing some cheaper sources of protein than the farm-raised chickens and eggs we get from Jehovah Jireh Farm.  It's a good thing beans are cheap, and I'm learning how to sprout them for even more tasty possibilities!  My very first sprouting experiment: chickpeas.  I ate my first little baby sprouted chickpea today, and it was absolutely delicious.  It tasted just like a tender young pea from the pod--one of my very favorite foods!  Hopefully, eating sprouted raw foods will help counteract the pie we had for breakfast, lunch, and dinner over the holiday weekend!

Pictures will come in a few days.  I've been having trouble with Mac vs. Canon, so Mr. JP bought me a new handy dandy device that will let me get my pictures to the computer a lot easier.  It probably has lead in it, but we're not planning on putting it on the dinner plate any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment